Seeking candidates for the position of Secretary of the Alliance Française du Maine, a non-profit organization committed to the promotion and appreciation of the francophone and Francophile community of Maine. (https://afdume.org) Please note: This is a remote position.
The ideal candidate:
- is bilingual (French-English)
- has marketing experience on social media
- is comfortable using technology (email, Excel, Facebook/Instagram, PayPal, graphic design tools (ie. Canva), a to-be-purchased software to help manage memberships)
- is authorized to work in the United States
* Salary is $15/hour with the opportunity for an increase.
* There is a guaranteed minimum of 5 hours/week of work, with more hours as needed for special events and projects.
* The new secretary will be supported by members of AFDM for the first few months in order to ensure a smooth transition.
- Taking notes for minutes of monthly board meetings
- Responding to e-mails as best as possible, and possibly forward them to the board members concerned.
- Managing new memberships and renewals of existing memberships (registration on the board, creation and sending of membership cards, access to the Culturetheque).
- Managing the registrations for language classes (Registration on the board, informing the teachers, confirming the students)
- Sending emails when the membership expiration date is approaching or has already passed.
- Sending emails/invitations to members and "friends" of AFDM using the existing database
- Managing payments for memberships and classes on Paypal.
- Stamping envelopes with the AF logo
- Creating and uploading posts on Facebook & Instagram to publicize upcoming events